We are expanding the platforms we can expertly tune with Ecutek, whether remote or on-site with our dyno tuning service:
- (NEW) S55 - Custom tuning for BMW M3 F80, BMW M4 F82 and BMW M2 Competition F87
- (NEW) S58 - Custom tuning for BMW M3 G80, BMW M4 G82
- (NEW) N55 - Custom tuning for BMW M2 F87 and others
- (NEW) B48 - Custom tuning for Toyota Supra 2.0 and others
Some of the latest BMW cars will require the use of our DME Unlock service before they can be tuned.
These platfoms join our existing successful tuning services:
- Custom tuning for Toyota 86 / GR 86, Subaru BRZ and Scion-FRS (FA20, soon FA24)
- Custom tuning for Toyota Supra 2.0 and BMW Z4 (BMW B58 engines)
The sheer number of big brake kits available for the Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 / GR 86 makes BBK choice seem difficult, but CSG is here to help!
Below is a summary of our most often recommended kits from true motorsports brands Brembo and AP Racing, with their basic characteristics outlined and their compatibility with the Gen1 and Gen2 (2022+) chassis.
The 2022+ Subaru BRZ in particular uses a new aluminum steering knuckle that differs from the older generation and also from the 2022+ Toyota GR 86. This new spindle prevents some of the existing brake kits from fitting the 2022 BRZ.
OEM wheel fitment of Brembo big brake kits
- Our popular CSG Spec Brembo GT big brake kit is compatible with the 2022+ OEM BRZ and GR 86 wheels in 17" and 18" sizes when upgraded to the B-M4 cast monobloc caliper and using 3mm+ spacers (available as a bundled option). It will fit OEM 2012-2020 17" wheels with a 20mm spacer.
Aftermarket wheel fitment of Brembo big brake kits
- Too many options to list! Please inquire, we are familiar with many popular wheels options from TWS, RAYS, APEX, Wedssports, Enkei and others that clear Brembo big brake kits.
OEM wheel fitment of AP Racing big brake kits
- The new, revised Sprint (299mm) and Endurance (325mm) systems clear all OEM wheels without a spacer (2012-2020 and 2022+ in 17" and 18" sizes).
- The CP9660 / 355mm brake systems clear OEM 18" wheels without spacers, but will not fit inside OEM 17" wheels.
- The CP9668 / 355 mm / 372 mm brake kits will not clear any of the stock wheels.
- The rear CP9451 / 340mm kit clears OEM 2022+ 18" BRZ / GR86 wheels without spacer
- More detailed compatibility notes by Essex / AP Racing can be found here.
Aftermarket wheel fitment of AP Racing big brake kits
- Too many options to list! Please inquire, we are familiar with many popular wheels options from TWS, RAYS, APEX, Wedssports, Enkei and others that clear AP Racing big brake kits.
Wheel fitment templates for each big brake it are also available, please contact us if you need a template or more information about a specific setup.
Summary of available big brake kits for Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 / GR 86
- Front - CSG Spec - Brembo GT 4-piston 326x30mm
- Front - Brembo GT | GT S | GT R 6-piston 355x32mm
- Rear - Brembo GT 2-piston 316x20mm
- Rear - Brembo GT 4-piston 328x28mm
- Front - CP9660 6-piston 372x34mm
- Front - CP9660 6-piston 355x32mm
- Front - CP9668 6-piston 372x34mm
- Front - CP9668 6-piston 355x32mm
- Front - Endurance 4-piston 325x32mm
- Front - Sprint 4-piston 299x32mm
- Rear - CP9451 / 340x28mm
CSG Spec Brake Pads
We have brake pads available for Brembo and AP Racing calipers here.
CSG is offering a contingency program for multiple racing series and organizations again in 2022.
See the CSG 2022 Contingency guidelines (PDF) for full details.
How does it work?
- Participate in racing & time attack events with CSG Spec products (CSG Spec brake pads, coil-overs, clutch systems, ECU tuning, exhaust systems, etc) on your car, while displaying CSG decals.
- Earn credit for our store every time you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd at eligible events.
- Any IMSA and SRO series
- Any SCCA and NASA sanctioned national classes
- Super Lap Battle, Global Time Attack, Gridlife
- 86CUP (SoCal, Northeast, Midwest, and Rocky Mountain) and 86 Drive Challenge
Global Time Attack's special event at the 2021 Long Beach Grand prix has been a highlight for the time attack scene this year. The Long Beach street circuit has nine braking zones and is rather unforgiving due to track limits enforced by walls... lots of walls!
As a reference, IndyCar drivers here can spend upwards of 20% of the whole lap on the brakes. Having a braking system solution that is consistent and you can trust lap after lap is key to fast lap times here. With varying levels of surface roughness and bumpiness along the circuit, and corners where deep trail-braking are necessary like Turn 11 hairpin, you also want excellent modulation capability from your brakes to avoid lock-ups and being able to accurately place the car while decelerating and turning.
A quick report from CSG's braking specialists who were on-site to support their customers on CSG Spec brake pads:
Jackie Ding in the PhD Racing Lab A90 Toyota GR Supra used a combination of specialty CSG brake compounds to navigate the Long Beach Grand Prix and take the GTA Street Class win with a 1:27 lap time. More impressively, this was the 4th overall fastest lap behind the Unlimited Class monsters like the 9.0L Viper, the Lyfe Nissan GT-R, and the Feras carbon twin turbo Corvette!
Steven Chan took P1 in GTA Limited Class in his massive Nissan GT-R! This R35 is using our CSG C21/C11 compounds, truly a perfect showcase of the consistency and capacity for slowing down the relatively chonky GT-R lap after lap with confidence. CSG pads for the Nissan GT-R are in stock and ready to ship!
Evasive Motorsports chose the CSG Spec C21/C11 pads for their last GTA competition day at Long Beach Grand Prix, inserting them into the StopTech STR-60 / STR-42 big brake kit package in their sexy looking Voltex Honda S2000. GPLB's was the perfect proving grounds to validate the friction material and brake balance before the final races of the 2021 time attack season.
Due to some power steering and gearbox issues, the insane CSF Cooling Mitsubishi Evolution driven by Randy Pobst could not show its true speed potential at Long Beach. Still, our proven CSG Spec C21 / C11 package allowed this Evo to brake from triple digits with confidence every single time.
Early in 2021, we had a chance to interface with WRD Racing and their amazing GTA Limited Class Honda Prelude driven by Will Drees (aka iLLWiLLeM). Power figures were astronomical and simply amazing...somewhere along the lines of 700HP+ with hopes of making 900HP!After outgrowing their previous braking solution at COTA / Circuit of the Americas during GTA, the CSG C21/C11 combo was deployed in StopTech ST40 front BBK & OEM rear fitment, along with a new Bosch ABS unit. After this change, the driver felt incredibly confident on the brakes and couldn't believe how the car could generate over 1.7Gs on 200TW Yokohama A052 at the low grip street course. We can't wait to see what this car can do at GTA 2021 Finals and beyond!
Almost mild-looking by Time Attack standards, yet fast enough to take 2nd place in GTA Street Class behind Jackie Ding's Supra. Johnny's first time on the CSG C21 pads for the front StopTech ST60 brake kit proved to be the game changer for his bullish attack at Long Beach. This mean Subaru STI was one of the few cars able to go all out for the duration of every time attack session, ultimately allowing for a fantastic, hard earned P2 in one of the more competitive classes.
How Does Ecutek Tuning Work? Guide for Toyota GR 86 + Subaru BRZ (FA24 FA20), Toyota Supra (B58 B48)
CSG can help you extract the most out of your race car's engine with our tuning services. CSG Spec tuning offers custom tuning application specific to the vehicle requirements through EcuTek tuning suite. Custom tunes are made from the ground up and cannot be shared to another platform, allowing for a truly customized experience for you. This customized tuning service is specific for your vehicle.
We use the EcuTek platform to remotely tune the vast majority of our customer cars. Here's how it works.
If you already own all or some of the EcuTek licenses and hardware, you don't need to puchase them again. Our Custom Tuning Service packages can be ordered with EcuTek licenses and hardware add-ons.
EcuTek tuning: using a smartphone or a laptop?
Starting in 2021, it is now possible to flash EcuTek ROMs directly from your iPhone or Android device. Many users find this more convenient than using a Windows Laptop. Advanced users and track-side engineers will prefer using a PC Laptop for flashing, data-logging and analysis.
Smartphone-based Tuning and Data-Logging requirements:
PC Laptop-based Tuning & Data-Logging requirements:
- Laptop running Windows 10, with 2 free USB ports.
- EcuTek License
- EcuTek USB DESKey
- EcuTek Bluetooth Vehicle Interface -or- EcuTek Vehicle Interface (USB cable)
You can specify which licenses and EcuTek hardware you require while configuring our Custom Tuning Services for Toyota GR 86 / Subaru BRZ (FA24, FA20 engines) or Toyota Supra / BMW Z4 (B58, B48 engines). Example of choices for a 86/BRZ Custom Tune package:
Do you have a special project that requires on-site dyno tuning? We offer dyno tuning services on a case by case basis in the San Diego area (Southern California). Please contact us for more information on dyno tuning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does CSG's custom tuning service offer?
In our experience and extensive database of data acquired through thousands of hours of track testing and dyno R&D, "canned" tunes or "base" maps are never an "one-size fits all". Immediate gratification can be experienced quick base maps, but bespoke tunes specific to each modification list and individual vehicle is important to optimize and maintain consistency. Through extensive test parameters, we are able to develop maps that provide smoother power delivery, better modulation, improved drivability, stable power improvements, and better consistency under stress. No one wants a one-pull wonder, but everybody wants something that's repeatable and useful, especially on the racetrack.
How long does the remote tuning service take?
We usually keep stock of all EcuTek hardware, and ship next day. We also deliver the initial base map customized to your car setup within 3 business days of ordering (expedited delivery is available for extra charge).
Due to high volume of calibration inquiries, sales, and projects that CSG is involved in, please allow, on average, 72 hours (unless mentioned otherwise) for the preliminary calibration file to be provided. This will allow our calibration team to reach out and ensure that the parameters are developed accordingly for your specific vehicle. Each vehicle is unique and our calibration team will work with you to optimize your vehicle's needs
Then, it is up to the customer to provide data logs in a timely manner after receiving each revision. You should plan for the tuning refinement process to take several days. Finally, keep in mind our tuning team rests during the weekends.
I need a revision of my CSG tune after making changes to my car, how to proceed?
Please order a Revision of Custom Tune from our webstore.
I already have the laptop-based EcuTek licenses and hardware, but I want to flash my next custom tune with a smartphone, what do I need?
Provided you have the Bluetooth version of the EcuTek programming kit, you would only need to order an EcuTek PhoneFlash Activation license from us.
Are you able to tune supercharged or turbocharged Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ cars?
Absolutely, just select the appropriate Tuning Type when ordering (FI Level 1 or FI Level 2) a CSG Spec Custom Tune for Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ from us. Both FA24 and FA20 engine tuning are supported.
Where can I find user guides for smartphone-based flashing with EcuTek PhoneFlash app?
- PhoneFlash - Account Creation
- PhoneFlash - Send Vehicle Info To Tuner
- PhoneFlash - Programming with ECU Connect
- PhoneFlash - How to make a log & clear DTCs
- PhoneFlash - Video How-To Guides