CSG is now offering the new Essex-designed AP Racing BBKs for the 2020+ Toyota GR Supra (A90)!
The new Supra is deceptively quick and experienced drivers are likely to max out the capacity of OEM brakes when running high grip street tires like Bridgestone RE71R, Yokohama Advan A052 on wider aftermarket wheels. Therefore, for serious racing and time attack applications, investing into a big brake kit and motorsports-grade brake pads like our CSG Spec C2 is a must.
We have put together a cheat sheet comparing the different AP Racing BBK options for the A90 Supra :
If you'd like to order any of these kits, or need assistance choosing the right combination, please contact us!
- Front BBK for A90 Toyota Supra - Essex AP Racing 9668 - 372 x 34 mm
- Front BBK for A90 Toyota Supra - Essex AP Racing 9660 - 372 x 34 mm
- Front BBK for A90 Toyota Supra- Essex AP Racing CP9562 - 380 x 36 mm
- Rear BBK for A90 Toyota Supra - Essex AP Racing CP9450 - 365 x 30 mm
The new Essex / APRacing Radi-CAL II 380 x 36 mm front BBK for A90 Toyota Supra
The latest addition to our line of CSG Spec brake pads is the CP compound: a premium solution for dual-purpose, daily driven road cars, suitable for track days and autocross with low levels of dust, noise and wear.
Front CSG Spec CP brake pads for the Toyota Supra GR (A90) and BMW Z4 M40i (G29) are available today, with pads for the real axle coming soon. For track-focused builds and motorsports applications, we will soon have stock of CSG Spec C2 Front brake pads for A90 Supra and G29 Z4 M40i as well —don't hesitate to contact us to be first in line when they hit the shelves.
The CSG Spec CP brake pads were recently put to the test in a competitive environment by Jackie Ding, a well-known racer in the North American Time Attack scene. See Jackie go on maximum attack mode with his brand new Toyota Supra at Toronto Motorsports Park on stock tires and CSG Spec CP brake pads on YouTube.
CSG is offering a contingency program for multiple racing series and organizations in 2019:
1. Participate in racing & time attack events with CSG Spec products (brake pads, coil-overs, etc) on your car, while displaying CSG decals.
2. Earn credit for our store every time you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd at eligible events.
1. Drivers must participate in any of these racing and time attack series:
- 86CUP - All regions:
- Global Time Attack
- Super Lap Battle
- NASA Pro Racing
- SCCA - Sports Club Car of America
- Running a different series? Ask us for eligibility.
2. Drivers must be using CSG Spec products on their cars, and display CSG decals provided by CSG on their cars during the whole event. Products eligible for the contingency program include, but are not limited to:
- CSG Spec coil-overs (e.g. CSG Spec Tein SRC for 86/BRZ or Honda S2000, or CSG Spec Tein Flex A)
- CSG Spec lug nuts
- CSG Spec Touring86 90dB Catback Exhaust
- CSG Spec brake pads
- Running other CSG products? Ask us for eligibility.
- Contingency program dollars are applied toward product MSRP.
- Full value of contingency prizes are applied toward CSG products. Contingency dollars may also be applied toward any other product(s) offered by CSG at 50% value, e.g. $100 in contingency winnings may be applied as $100 toward any CSG product, or $50 toward any other product offered by CounterSpace Garage.
- Shipping via UPS is free on ALL purchases made with contingency winnings. Although winners are allowed to make individual claims, CSG asks that orders be combined when possible to help keep shipping costs down!
- 2019 Contingency dollars must be claimed by March 31, 2020, or be forfeit.
- One contingency prize per class per day, as reported on official results. Drivers may win multiple prizes per day, provided vehicles are eligible in each class/event competed. There is no limit on the number of classes a driver or vehicle can run, as long as the result is reflected in the official published results.
- There is no limit on how many dollars may be won by any one participant.
CSG Decals Requirements
- Must run 2x (two) 10” (or larger) CSG decals in visible areas with contrasting colors on the outside of the vehicle. One sticker must be present on each side of the vehicle.
- CSG decals may be removed after the event, but they must be present on the vehicle for the duration of each event.
- Submit photo(s) of vehicle showing CSG product(s) and decals + results after every event with subject line (shown below) to email@example.com. Email must be submitted within 7 days of the event.
- The Class of the event participated in must have at least 5 eligible participants throughout the calendar year to be valid for contingency winnings.
- Product inquiries and sponsorship/contingency program can only be processed through CounterSpace Garage (the officials of your series will not be able to help you).
- By participating in the CSG Contingency program, participants are agree to allow CSG to use submitted results and photos in CSG’s marketing campaigns. Participants acknowledge that the participant owns usage rights to any photos submitted, and authorize CSG to re‐publish submitted photos.
- If a participant is has other sponsors and/or logos and/or companies they’d like for CSG to publish with these photos, please note in the contingency claim emails.
Let's get started!
Have any questions? Are you ready to sign up for our program or have contingency winning claims to make? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
While brake pad life and wear rate is dependent on many variables, in our own extensive testing, we found that CSG Spec brake pads outlasts many of the competing pads by up to 2.5x the life:
In addition to superior life, CSG Spec pads also provide very consistent characteristics across a wide range of working temperatures. You can find full specifications and friction charts for CSG Spec Sprint & Endurance brake pads on our site.
CSG's test driver took a mildly modified 2016 BMW M3 (F80) to Circuit of the Americas (COTA) to compete in Super Lap Battle's Street Class.
The car was stock except for an upgraded cooling package, wheels and tires:
- CSF Heat Exchanger
- CSF Charge Air Cooler (intercooler)
- CSF DCT cooler
- RAYS GramLights 57CR 19 x 10.5 +35 Gun Blue wheels
- Bridgestone RE71R, 285/35/19 all around
- 13mm spacers in front
Although the build was not competitive for the class, it let CSG evaluate the limits of the stock suspension and brakes. CSG confirmed that the base F80 M3 lap times are handicapped by its rear traction issues, which are apparent even when equipped with sticky Bridgestones!
The mass of the BMW M3 demands a lot from the braking system. If you're driving your own F80 M3 or F82 M4 on track, we recommend you use a high performance brake fluid and also consider the use of our CSG Spec brake pads for BMW applications.
We are proud to announce the launch of CSG Spec brake pads to the general public!
CSG Spec brake pads have been developed to meet the specific demands of customers in GT Racing, One Make Racing, Time Attack, etc. where off the shelf products were often inadequate.
The result is a line of sprint & endurance friction materials which offer superior peak brake performance, pedal stability, braking control, higher fade resistance and lower wear.
We have lots of sizes in stock, with many more applications available upon request: