Stilo SA2020 ST5 GT Carbon Racing Helmet
M6 nut pre-installed for easy FHR Installation
Snell SA2020 and FIA 8859 certified
The ST5 GT Carbon has ports on the sides to add built-in communications, side air or hydration.
Order now, and we will ship as soon as available.
The ST5 GT Carbon has ports on the sides to add built-in communications, side air or hydration. The modular design of the ST5 GT means that it can be outfitted with electronics, air supply or hydration systems (as well as any combination of the three), with no wires or hoses hanging from the helmet as it all integrates within the helmet shell.
Note: HANS post anchors are a cost-option
Additionally Stilo has made an improvement on the SA2020 Carbon Helmets: SA2020 ST5.1 Carbon FIA8859 helmets will be 50/60g lighter thanks to our new Puro Super Smooth technology unique to Stilo. This superior finish removes the need for lacquer, and also saves weight. A benefit to painters is the decal is no longer under the clear coat. This model now comes with a decal like our Zero’s and 8860’s.
- Made in Italy and assembled by hand by skilled craftsmen
- Snell SA2020 and FIA 8859 certified
- Redesigned shell that optimizes shell size, airflow, visibility, and weight
- Eyeport on all ST5 helmets is taller than the previous ST4 and has a special visor to accommodate the larger opening
- Much larger visor than previous models and opens past the line of sight
- 3mm clear visor for the absolute best in protection - other Stilo shields available separately
- Use of ear bud style earphones with an optional adapter
- Integrated electronics jack is positioned far enough away from the HANS post anchor in order to make the use of the jack trouble free even when the HANS is worn
- Wiring is all positioned safely and conveniently behind the padding so as to be transparent to the user
- Standard ear cushions
- Earmuffs provide a significantly quieter environment for the driver by aurally isolating the ear
- EPS cheek pads provide the best in lateral crash safety, while retaining the functionality of the earmuffs to provide a comfortable aural environment for communication
- The pressure upon the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber pads placed between the earmuff and the helmet. The earmuff's unique shape ensures they stay in place and do not make the helmet difficult to put on or take off.
- All Stilo closed faced helmets come ready for integrated electronics, air supply, and hydration or any combination of the three.
- All options integrate seamlessly with the new ST5.
- M6 nut pre-installed for easy FHR Installation
- Front, rear, and IndyCar aero kits are available as add-ons
- Increased velocity by 5-10% for impact testing on the 2nd hit across all shell sizes.
- Increased velocity from 5.7 to 6.0 m/s on the 54cm to 59cm size.
- Increased peak G threshold on the 54cm to 59cm size and 60cm-64cm size.
Stilo has two separate shell sizes for this helmet. This allows us to make a better-fitting helmet that is lighter weight. Instead of filling a very large shell with lots of padding for a size small, we have one shell size for x-small to medium, and one for large and x-large.
Electronic Comms System Features
An integrated electronics jack that is positioned far enough away from the HANS post anchor so that use is trouble-free even while wearing a head and neck restraint.
Wiring that’s integrated behind the padding for minimal hassle. With no hanging wires in the helmet, everything stays put where it is supposed to be.
Ventilation System Features
Available with an air supply system that pumps in a steady supply of fresh air to drivers of closed cockpit cars. Many different attachments are available, all of which integrate into the helmet shell seamlessly, and can be used in conjunction with a communication system as well as a hydration system.
Snell SA2015 vs 2020… what is new?
The Snell SA2020 testing requirements have changed a small amount and have now become more in line with the FIA 8859 Helmet Standard: