Essex - AP Racing Competition Endurance Brake Kit CP8350 - 325mm - Toyota GR 86 / Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S
2022+ BRZ - PN: 13.01.10147
2012-2020 86 / BRZ, 2022+ GR 86 - PN: 13.01.10006
- Clears OEM 2022+ 18" BRZ wheel without a spacer (PN: 13.01.10147)
- AP Racing CP8350 four-piston calipers
- CP3908 AP Racing disc: 325x32mm, 70 vane
- Saves ~10 lbs. of unsprung mass vs. OEM brakes
- Designed to sustain the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder, ABS system, and OEM rear brakes
Made to Order. Order now, and we will ship as soon as available.
- One pair of AP Racing CP8350 racing calipers
- One pair 325x32mm AP Racing CP3908, 70 vane, J Hook racing discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats, and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- Detailed installation instructions
- Optional: Front Brake Pad Set at Extra Cost*
* CSG can help you brake choose a front and rear brake pad setup for AP Racing BBK that is tailored to your application. Do not hesitate to contact us for brake pad compound recommendations.
CP8350 brake pads
The pad shape used with the AP Racing CP8350 caliper is available in a variety of radial depths (heights) from different manufacturers. When combined with the CP3908 325x32mm disc, Essex recommends the 50mm radial depth version. Other common radial depths in this pad shape are 43mm and 39mm. Those radial depths will fit into the caliper, but you will be leaving an unswept 'ring' around the disc near the attachment points to the hat (the pad will not hang as low in the caliper). Leaving a portion of the disc face unswept can create a temperature differential across the face of the disc, and doing so could lead to premature disc cracking. That said, we Essex has not run into such a problem with their kits in the field.
Endurance vs. Sprint System Comparison
At CSG we have first hand experience running Sprint and Endurance AP Racing BBK, and we can advise you towards the best solution based on your needs. In most cases, we will nowadays steer advanced drivers towards the Endurance or Radi-CAL options within the AP Racing family. That said, here's a quick comparison between the systems:
- The Essex AP Racing Sprint system is roughly 10 lbs. lighter per corner than stock, while Endurance system is approximately 5 lbs. lighter per corner than stock
- Endurance System comes with built-in provision for connecting brake ducts
- Endurance system uses slightly larger disc, with a higher internal vane count
- Aluminum hats on Endurance discs are floating, while hats on Sprint discs are bolted
- Actual disc metallurgy the same for both kits, although replacement discs for the Sprint system are cheaper.
- Slightly taller pads can be used on the Endurance package, giving greater pad volume and longer wear characteristics
- Any pad that works in the Sprint System will also work in the Endurance package
- Both kits will fit under certain 17" wheels, but neither will fit OEM wheels without a spacer. Wheel fitment templates available on our site.
|Car Model||Subaru BRZ - FA20, Subaru BRZ - FA24, Toyota 86 - FA20, Toyota GR 86 - FA24, Scion FR-S - FA20|
|Part Brand||AP Racing|